When we covenant as members, it helps make visible the reality of relationships, commitments, struggles and aspirations of those joined in God’s calling and mission for this church. It strengthens an identity to move beyond “friend of the family” and into “family member” status. Without being exclusive, the church is then better able to invite others to participate in something authentic and real and that we ourselves have committed to.
Membership in the church is granted as provided in the Bylaws to those who, through faith in God’s Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, have been born anew to a living hope through the Holy Spirit; have been baptized according to the Holy Scriptures; desire to live a Christian life; and promise to faithfully support the mission, ministries and policies of the church and to share in its fellowship and obligations.
Steps to Membership
Please contact the church office to inform us of your interest in membership so we can guide you through the steps to memberships, which include:
- participation in four membership sessions
Session 1 – The Mission of God
Session 2 – The Mission of God through His People: The Church
Session 3 – The Mission of God through His People: The Covenant
Session 4 – The Mission of God through His People: Restoration
- listen to three Sunday messages about membership (see below)
- acknowledgement of Jesus Christ as your Savior
- acceptance of the Holy Scriptures
- involvement in the church for six months
- agreement with the member covenant
- personal testimony to faith in Jesus Christ in front of a membership committee OR written/video testimony
- submission of completed membership application documenting the above steps
Please listen to these three Sunday messages about membership.
Click the triangle button below each message title to listen now.
You may also listen to the messages at our iTunes page
or watch the video of the first two messages on our Vimeo page.
Constitution and Bylaws
Click here to download the Constitution and Bylaws of Restoration Covenant Church. Those of you becoming members my want to know what is in this document and review the complete membership process.