Belonging Together: Becoming a Member
Why should I become a member of Restoration?
When we covenant, or commit to each other, as members, it makes visible the reality of relationships, struggles and dreams Jesus initiated over 2000 years ago. It shifts our identity from a “friend of the family” into “family member” status. Without being exclusive, the church is then better able to invite others to participate in something authentic and sacred. Jesus called his disciples “friends” and they joined together for his mission. It’s more than a mission and more than friendship. We become “mission friends,” joining with Jesus to restore communities.
Please contact the church office to if you are interested in becoming a member of Restoration.
Below is a quick guide of the steps to becoming a member:
- participation in four new member sessions
Session 1 – The Mission of God
Session 2 – The Mission of God through His People: The Church
Session 3 – The Mission of God through His People: The Covenant
Session 4 – The Mission of God through His People: Restoration
- listen to three Sunday messages (see below)
- acknowledgement of Jesus Christ as your Savior
- acceptance of the Holy Scriptures
- involvement in the church for six months
- agreement with the member covenant
- personal testimony to faith in Jesus Christ in front of a leadership committee OR written/video testimony
- submission of completed new member application documenting the above steps
Please listen to these three Sunday messages.
Click the triangle button below each message title to listen now.
You may also listen to the messages at our iTunes page
or watch the video of the first two messages on our Vimeo page.
Constitution and Bylaws
Click here to download the Constitution and Bylaws of Restoration Covenant Church. Those of you becoming members my want to know what is in this document and review the complete new member process.